[Wikimediaindia-l] Proposal: Wikipedia loves India

Utkarshraj Atmaram utcursch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:28:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Abhi <abhishekjacob123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Count me in! But coordinating something like this at the national level wont
> be easy. Ahh, this is exciting :)

Hi Abhi,

While emulating Britain Loves Wikipedia and involving museums and
cultural institutions will be a huge task, using online social media
will be much easier.

Articles on famous colleges like NMIMS, popular dishes like Dal Baati
and notable companies like Indian Express Group don't have a
photograph! There are a number of young Indian internet users on
Facebook and Twitter. We just want them to catch a snap of their
college, company, the food they eat... That shouldn't be difficult.

All we need to do is reach out to them. This can be done through
Facebook, Twitter, Orkut, blogs and other media.

Utkarshraj Atmaram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Utcursch