No subject

Fri Dec 10 13:58:20 UTC 2010

just historical documents and artefacts but also cultural, whether
they may be nice-looking artefacts such as motifs,symbols or/and
artefacts which makes us imagine how our ancestors lived.

Some of these cultural history is just lost. I am a foodie as well
like cooking (not much skillful but ok enough to make sure that I do
not go hungry) hence taking a cooking example.

Just to take an stupid/simple example, look at 'Kadai'
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Kadai for reference.

I have seen implementations of Kadai over centuries in some of the
museums so do not think it is something which got/happened yesterday
but over centuries.

I do know that the Thais have a similar kind of utensil (made of wood
though) which they use for rice, noodles whatever. I forgot the name
however.

Do they share some kind of rich background, something I/We are not
aware of, do not know ? Did the Buddhists went with the Kadai to
Thailand and fashioned it with wood there (perhaps wood was more
abundant than steel,iron etc. in those times) I have no idea.

I am sure there are so many examples that my puny mind cannot
comprehend just have to say that this is a project which is needed
because sadly history is being wiped out here as elsewhere in the name
of modernism.

Another off-take would be because there is not so much content in the
commons of such historical and cultural pieces, digital games and art
pieces also have just American and European culture in it.

> Best
> Bishakha

So will end this mail with hopefulness that Ashwin and Sudhanwa can
take this project forward and atleast jump start the process.

<snipped>
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  =E0=A4=B6=E0=A4=BF=E0=A4=B0=E0=A5=80=E0=A4=B7 =

2011/1/29 shirish =E0=A4=B6=E0=A4=BF=E0=A4=B0=E0=A5=80=E0=A4=B7 <shirishag7=
5 at gmail.com>:
> Another off-take would be because there is not so much content in the
> commons of such historical and cultural pieces, digital games and art
> pieces also have just American and European culture in it.

The point I wanted to make is because there is only digital american
and European art that is the culture which is ingrained and known
about, the rest of the world is just not known and games have been an
influencer atleast to young and middling age group audiences world
over.