[Wikimediaindia-l] Looking for Devanagri help - windows this time .

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 04:36:16 UTC 2010

Have you checked this issue with the active users of Hindi wikipedia or
other wikis that use Devanagri script? And are you able to reproduce this
issue in another system?

Google chrome is displaying Devanagri without any issues in my system
(WindowsXP SP2 + Google chrome 8.0).

The problem might be there only in your friend's system.  Try this solution:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/int_pr_install_complex_languages.mspx?mfr=true

Shiju