[Wikimediaindia-l] Fwd: Speaking at CSI annual convention

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 14:06:25 UTC 2010

Sorry, was travelling all of last week and neglected to upload the
presentation. (Arjuna's share was a good reminder).

It is finally up
here<http://www.slideshare.net/bishakhadatta/edit-by-edit-wikipedia-indic-languages-and-free-knowledge-creation?from=share_email_login2>at
slideshare - an adaptation of a presentation that Sue Gardner,
executive
director, Wikimedia Foundation made earlier this year.

I also showed videos of wikipedia editors and used
this<http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/animations/growth/AnimationProjectsGrowthWp.html?canvas_width=1200&canvas_height=900>beautiful
animated visualization of Wikipedia's growth created by Erik
Zachte.

Many of you shared suggestions and presentations with me offlist. I used
these as talking points, although this is not evident from the presentation.

Thanks
Bishakha