[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimeetup Aug 2010 WPMBL16

Barry Newstead bnewstead at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 12 16:36:26 UTC 2010

Dear Indian Wikimedians,

I hope this message finds you well.  While you are finalizing
arrangements for the August meetup, I want to see if you would be
amenable to scheduling the September meetup on Monday 20 September.  I
will be in Bangalore on 20-21 and it would be wonderful to have the
opportunity to join your meetup. I recognize that this is not your
regular night for the meetup, but I hope it will not be too
inconvenient. I will understand if this is not possible.

The purpose of my visit is to discuss our shared aspirations for growth
of Wikimedia's projects in India and to determine the most fruitful ways
that the Wikimedia Foundation could be of service to you.  I will also
be traveling to Mumbai (22-23 Sept) and Delhi (24 Sept) and it would be
great to meetup with Wikimedians in both of those cities.  If someone
can help organize, please email me offlist.

I will be sending out some additional information on both our plans and
my visit in the coming days.

Kind regards,

Barry

On 08/12/2010 09:18 AM, Arun Ram wrote:
> I believe we should stick to the meeting date.
>
> Can we meet at someone's office in the city where they may extend the
> facility for  that day?
>
> Intel / Google / Yahoo?
> Anyone in the list who can help.
>
> regards
> Arun
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Srikanth Lakshmanan
> <srik.lak at gmail.com <mailto:srik.lak at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Have it elsewhere ? Probably an openspace without a projector ?
>     Domlur park / Lalbagh / CIS lawn? or like the UK meetups go to
>     coffee shops where WiFi is there. Unless there are any
>     presentations i dont think we require a hall setup which CIS
>     provides. Lets not move the date as it will be too early to meet
>     up for the next meet.
>
>     On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM, CherianTinu Abraham
>     <tinucherian at gmail.com <mailto:tinucherian at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Folks,
>                  CIS has informed me that they have anathor event (
>         their board meetings) on the same day of our meetup ( Aug 15) .
>         So what do we do ? Postpone for next weekend?
>
>         Thoughts & urgent replies requested.
>

>         Regards
>         Tinu Cherian
>
>         N.B. I may be out of station, next weekend.

Barry Newstead
Chief Global Development Officer
Wikimedia Foundation
Tel: +1-415-839-6885 x. 634