[Wikimedia Brasil] WikiApreço

Jessie Wild jwild em wikimedia.org
Quarta Outubro 19 21:09:21 UTC 2011

Hello everyone!

Please excuse my English; I hope Google translate works ok (or better yet,
someone please translate this!).

I talked with a few of you in Brazil a few weeks ago about WikiLove
("WikiApreço") and its use on Pt.Wp. There was some concern about the
different options (for example, "Medalhas" e "Gatinhos") to send, and people
mentioning that they are not in fact very relevant for Portuguese.

I checked with the developers of the tool, and they said that of course you
are free to localize the tool and change the default pictures to whatever
you think is most relevant. I assume there is a discussion page of some sort
on the broader Lusophone Wikipedia regarding WikiApreço, so please - make
sure this option is known to all who are considering the tool! If you think
there are better default pictures to include, then of course you should
discuss as a Lusophone community what the best ones should be.

Thanks so much for your help in spreading apreço to other users :))
Jessie

--
*Jessie Wild
Global Development, Manager