[Wikimedia Brasil] Fwd: [Wikimedia Chapters Reports] Wikimedia Italia news no. 23 - January 8th, 2009

nevio carlos de alarcão nevinhoalarcao em gmail.com
Sexta Janeiro 16 11:08:06 UTC 2009

Eu e minha paciente e indireta campanha para que alguém que esteve no
encontro do Metrô Vergueiro escreva algo sobre o capítulo ou não brasileiro
da Wikimedia Foundation.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nemo_bis <nemowiki em gmail.com>
Date: 2009/1/15
Subject: [Wikimedia Chapters Reports] Wikimedia Italia news no. 23 - January
8th, 2009
To: chapters-reports em lists.wikimedia.org

Available at http://www.wikimedia.it/index.php/Wikimedia_news/numero_23/en.

   Editorial

Dear members, another year is gone and our association enters in 2009
with a lot of important events. The WMI Members' Meeting is nearer and
nearer, and we urge all members to attend it. In February we will also
host "wikimangia", an event which, like in the past years, wants to
gather at the same banquet table people from the various wiki projects
to stay together, laugh, eat and generally enjoy ourselves.

   Future events

   * *January 9*, Reggio Emilia: at Gabella, a meeting about Wikipedia
     and Wikimedia; Paginazero will attend it.
   * *February 14/15*, Monte Amiata: we'll have the fourth edition of
     "wikimangia". All members and non-members are invited; keep in
     mind that the event is focused on eno-gastronomy, so /no more
     wikitalks and go eat and drink/. If you want to confirm your
     attending, go to the page on wikipedia
     <http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Amiata_2009_-_Wikimangia_4>.
   * *March 22*, Milano: Ordinary and Extraordinary WMI Members'
     Meeting, at Domus Academy, via Giacomo Watt 37.

   News from our projects

     News from Italian WMF projects

   * *Wikiquote*: added a new parameter
     <
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/q:it:Template:Interprogetto/man#Wikipedia_interlingua

     to the template Interproject to connect to Wikipedia articles in
     other languages (here
     <http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/q:it:Pierre_V%C3%A9ron> an
     example); BimBot
     <http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/q:it:Utente:BimBot> created 4129
     redirects ftom the same number of works' titles to the
     corresponding paragraphs of 1767 articles; all sysops were given
     bureaucrat flag, as per consensus
     <
http://it.wikiquote.org/w/index.php?title=Wikiquote:Bar&oldid=227881#Burocrazia
>.

   * *Wikisource*: reached 20.000 texts.
   * *Wikizionario*: two new policies are adopted. One to recategorize
     all flexed forms
     <
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/wikt:it:Wikizionario:Bar/Archivio/2008-13#una_proposta_per_categorizzare_le_declinazioni_di_gen_e_num_e_i_verbi
>,
     so that categories may be more effective; another to recategorize
     specialized terminology
     <
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/wikt:it:Wikizionario:discussione_policy#Terminologia_specializzata
>.
     These policies will lead to the deletion and creation of hundreds
     of categories.

     News from Musica

Musica completely renewed its home page, adding an area showing new
uploads. During the last month, two operas of Giuseppe Verdi and some
new punk albums were added.

   News from the Association

As per our charter, the Board called an *Ordinary and Extraordinary
Wikimedia Italia Members' Meeting*, which will be held in *Milano* on
*March 22, 2009*.
This meeting is really important for our Association; besides usual
management issues (budget and resolutions' approval) and the usual talks
among members and wikipedias, we are aiming to *change the charter* of
the Association. Among the changes proposed there is the lowering of the
quorum needed to make further changes to the charter itself (now it is
set at three quarters of the members, and we risk to have the
Association locked up), and the modifications needed to become an
*Associazione di promozione sociale* (APS: see it.wiki
<http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associazione_di_promozione_sociale>).
Becoming an APS allows us to have several facilitations: the most
important one is the deducibility (or partial deductivity) of the
donations to the Association.

   Board Deliberations

   * Virtual Skiz asked for and was appointed coordinator of the
     Association for Campania. Nomination lasts three months since
     deliberation.
   * Board approved unanimously transfer of €3.500,00 to Wikimedia
     Foundation. This is the whole amount of donations to Wikimedia
     Italia in 2008 (€1.700,00), and 30% of proceeds of gadgets' sell.