[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimedia Australia:Relicensing agreement

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 09:41:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

In July 2009 the Wikimedia Australia committee decided that the public
wiki for the organisation should be migrated from GFDL to CC-BY-SA.[1]

In order to do this, we need permission from all of the copyright
holders, which is all previous editors of the wiki.

In order to avoid needing to do this again, the Wikimedia Australia
committee is also asking for permission to relicense the website again
if the need ever arises.

A list of everyone has been compiled, and we would appreciate it if
everyone listed could sign the following page.

http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia:Relicensing_agreement

Non-members who have previously edited the wiki now have the ability
to edit this page, and also their user and their talk page.

Once we have completed this exercise, the Wikimedia Australia
committee will look seriously at proposals to allow non-members to
participate in the wiki.

Thank you,
John Vandenberg
On behalf of the Wikimedia Australia committee.

1. http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Resolution:Updating_official-wiki_license