[Wikimediaau-l] open wiki editing for WMAU?

K. Peachey p858snake at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 16 20:41:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would a separate wiki be a better idea? That way the committee
> wouldn't need to worry about the unofficial content being confused for
> anything they'd approved. And the community wouldn't need to worry
> about their pages being removed for being in violation of a non-public
> policy they weren't aware of.
>
> Angela
(As a non member) I think that would be pointless and possibly worse,
It seems stupid to spread content access two installs just for that
reasons, We could use multipul namespaces then protect a namespace
from editing[1] to anyone apart from a members group.

-Peachey
[1]. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access#Restrict_editing_of_an_entire_namespace