[Wikimediaau-l] Bidding for Wikimania 2012

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:47:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Andrew <orderinchaos78 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think some discussion would need to be entered as to which city would be
> best. The city with our greatest number of volunteers - and certainly the
> most accessible city from a national/international point of view - is
> Melbourne. I don't know what venues are available in that city, though.

In some preliminary investigations a couple of years ago I checked out
the University of Melbourne (my university). It has a wide selection
of lecture theatres etc for hosting the sessions (most being wired for
audio recording already, and some for video), and between semesters
rooms in the colleges are available for rent at pretty reasonable
prices - this would suit a bulk order of accommodation. The campus is
also close to the city and other accommodation.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com