[Wikimediaau-l] The A E "Bert" Roberts photograph collection

Andrew orderinchaos78 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 00:00:52 UTC 2009

The "copyfraud" argument is basically - in their view, the item is under PD
already so it is unethical for museums etc to licence it under any terms at
all as they don't "own" them.

However what that argument doesnt acknowledge is that the material may be PD
but the hosting and preservation of it is the key element (as we discussed
at GLAM) and the museum are providing us with freely available *digital
copies* which are, within the terms of the licence, freely available and
reusable worldwide.