[Wikimediaau-l] chapter governance

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 05:25:26 UTC 2009

G'day all,
see http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Billabong#chapter_governance
I saw a post on the UK mailing list (
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediauk-l/2009-December/005004.html),
and I sort of felt that it raised some questions in relation to how we
do
things down here - I also recently asked on the WMAU wiki about how an
'official chapter position' might be formed (on the ISP filtering stuff),
and andrew responded that the official chapter position would be determined
by the committee... obviously some sort of structured discussion space (or
the more open behaviours of the UK committee?) would offer greater
transparency, and I see them as quite desirable - what do you think?

Also - merry christmas to everyone, I'm sort of throwing this rock in the
pond and running, 'cos I'll be off-wiki until the new year now, so season's
greetings and festive merriness and all that to one and all, and maybe see
you for Wikipedia Day in January :-)

cheers,
Peter,
PM.