[Wikimediaau-l] Our first donation!

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 04:07:22 UTC 2008

Is the donor anonymous? If not - who was it, what was their stated reason,
and how much was their donation?
Should we have a "donation meter" on top of the WM-au site - whilst the
Foundation's goes up to 6million ours can go all the way to $25. We're bound
to hit our target that way!

On a more serious note:
What is the rules about donations received in australia being given to the
Foundation. I know that the law in Germany says this is not allowed and
therefore the German chapter uses their money to provide things like the
tool server. In other countries they are allowed to pass the money forward
and this is what they do - the money going into the Foundation's larger
collection. This will not affect us this year but it may do in the future.
What is the law/our rules?

-Liam

Email - liamwyatt at gmail.com
Phone - +61 (0)434 056 914