[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimediaau-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 22

Orderinchaos78 orderinchaos78 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 03:11:13 UTC 2008

Re licensing - I've been using CC 3.0 for my own non-text contributions for
ages now and found when I was dealing with a politician's office a couple of
months back that the licence offered the best balance between free content
and copyright holder rights, especially with images, sounds and media. When
we were dealing with GFDL people complained about the "mass of text",
thought it sounded threatening and wouldn't touch it. So yeah, I'd support
the CC direction personally, especially now we have this "window" until June
next year with the two licences being completely interchangeable.

- Andrew