[Wikimediaau-l] Announcement - publication with CCau

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 23:46:53 UTC 2008

Brianna Wrote:
> Anyway dual licensing is of course a possibility, but I'm pretty sure
> as long as CC-BY-SA is in there it doesn't much matter what else is.
> :)

Yes, this is my understanding of how the new licensing of GDFL will interact
with CC-by-sa. So long as we license it as CC-by-sa then it will be
compatible with Wikipedia. Dual licensing is no longer a necessity in order
to provide 'sideways-compatability'.

The other important point here is that Creative Commons is an equal partner
in this venture and therefore it would be polite to stick to their licensing
scheme.

On another note:  in the primer planning page -
http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Participatory_Culture_Primer
What is the significance of the "T= technology, G= government C=culture,
E=education"

In your terminology - do you need a free (beer) v. Free (speech) comparison?

Looking forward to helping on this one.
-Liam

Email - liamwyatt at gmail.com
Phone - +61 (0)434 056 914