[Wikimediaau-l] 2008-11-09 ctte meeting minutes

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:12:50 UTC 2008

Wow - that's one damn long sentence! :-)

I agree entirely - this is what I was getting at with the idea of the
"backstage tour". An organisation shows members of WM-Au around some
part  of its facilities that are not normally accessible and we then
donate some time to improving their article (and teaching them how to
improve articles on the topic that that organisation knows about).
This would be a really tangible benefit of WM-Au membership.

To respond to Andrew Garrett's concern "Money and articles don't mix"
- this does not mean "give us money and we will improve your
article". Rather, those organisations that are interested in working
with us (whether they are donors *or not*) can share their expertise
and we share our expertise back - a win win. It is just more than
likely that the organisation that wants to be a member is the same
kind of organisation that wants to give us a backstage tour.

Under no circumstances would it be a situation where they pay to have
access to our editing abilities/time.

-Liam