[Wikimediaau-l] Wikipedia Loves Art! photo contest at the Powerhouse Museum

Zero zero1328 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 21:24:44 UTC 2008

2008/11/9 Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com>:
> Regarding "sister chapters". Honestly, the first I heard of this was talking
> with Pharos. I think it's great that chapters are friendly to each other and
> share ideas etc. but I'm yet to see what kind of special relationship could
> be made. We're hard pressed (so far) to put into effect plans for ourselves
> - so doing anything special for other chapters will be even more difficult.
> We should, of course, endeavour to help when asked but I don't know what
> kind of special arrangement we could possibly put in place in relation to
> another chapter. I'm yet to be convinced about the concept of a "sister
> chapter" outside of close neighbouring countries (e.g. Norway/Sweden,
> Belguim/Netherlands) where they can meetup easily...
> With peace and love and wiki-ness,
> -Liam

Most of the idea between having "sister somethings" is pretty much
just about being friendly and sharing ideas. There's nothing special
beyond that, really. It's your local contact for a fairly different
area in contrast to our own, where we can share and draw brand new
ideas from, and an established starting point for when we want to
learn about the place. Having sister chapters for neighbouring/similar
countries probably won't have much of an impact on how parts of our
chapter could grow.

--
Always here,
Zero