[Wikimediaau-l] WMF fundraiser in Australia

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 06:03:46 UTC 2008

2008/11/7 Angela <beesley at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Brianna Laugher
> <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What could we do in Australia to promote the WMF fundraiser?
>
> It might not have much effect if they don't pick up the story, but I
> don't think there's any harm in sending a press release about this to
> the Australian press. Does the private wiki have a place for
> journalist contact info?

... It does now. :)

I was thinking a good local angle might be how Australians are
proportionately more generous than you would expect compared to our
population. If I read
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Special:ContributionStatistics>
correctly AU$ are currently the 6th most donated currency which is
kinda cool.

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/