[Wikimediaau-l] Letter to the NSW Board of Studies

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 15 22:41:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:04:20AM +1000, Confusing Manifestation wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The NSW Board of Studies has included Wikipedia as a text in an
> elective of its 2009-2012 HSC English Syllabus (see
> http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/english/prescriptions-support-materials.php).
> This is obviously a great opportunity for us, and given that I think
> they're going to release some more support documents in June or July,
> it would be good to get in contact with them before then, whether
> we've sorted out our incorporation blues or not (although preferably
> so). As such, I've drafted a letter to them, currently at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:ConMan/NSW_BoS_Letter for your
> perusal and comment. Once it's presentable, I'll have a little chat
> with the interim committee about timing so we can hopefully get it
> sent off at around the same time that we have an organisation behind
> it.
>
> With a little luck, this will be the beginning of a beautiful
> friendship, and a model for cooperation with other state, territory
> and federal education departments.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

This is great news and a great opportunity for members of Wikimedia
Australia Inc, particularly those who live in NSW and perhaps the ACT. I
think your letter is great and I have no changes to it to propose. I do
not think you have to wait for incorporation before you send it. We are
up and running with a committee, but just unincorporated for now.

Cheers, Brian.