[Wikimediaau-l] Wiki Wednesdays

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Fri May 9 02:10:44 UTC 2008

An idea that came up at the Sydney meetup yesterday was to have a
meetup every month - one month would be an informal
Wikipedia/Wikimedia meetup and the other would be Wiki Wednesday.

Wiki Wednesdays are held all over the world, traditionally on the
first Wednesday of each month. http://socialtext.net/wikiwed/

As far as I can tell, the last Sydney Wiki Wednesday was last August.
The next one is being planned by Saikore for May 28th. There's a
facebook page for it at
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=13266618694

My experience from the London ones was that these attract a much wider
range of wiki users than we see at other wiki events.

I believe Brianna was planning to have a Wiki Wednesday in Melbourne
at some point last year. Did that ever happen?

Angela