[Wikimediaau-l] Chapter Poke

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 02:53:26 UTC 2008

2008/6/24 private musings <thepmaccount at gmail.com>:
> G'day folks,
>
> just a friendly poke to see if there are any updates on the Chapter
> formation? - I noticed that the Statement of Purposes page has not been
> edited in a month or so;
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia/Statement_of_Purpose
>
> and thought I'd just repeat the fact that I'm fine with it - though I
> presume it hasn't been submitted yet? If there's anything useful you (the
> good people who've done the hard yards to date on the chapter creation) need
> doing, do let me / us know - hopefully we're still shooting for a July AGM?

Thanks for the poke. We all kind of fell in a hole after finding out
we had to do the SoP redraft, I think. But we just have to keep
plugging away... one step at a time...!

I thought the idea of a July AGM was not in favour? Because in future
years they would like the AGM to be August-September to have enough
time to prepare the financial report?

Yesterday I attended a one-day conference in Brisbane organsied by
Creative Commons Australia, "Building an Australasian Commons".
<http://creativecommons.org.au/australasiancommons>
I will write a more detailed account tonight or tomorrow, but it was
excellent - lots of really interesting initiatives going on, many I
had no idea about. CCau is doing some seriously excellent work in
quiet 'open access' style advocacy with government and institutions.
I talked to a couple of people from the Powerhouse Museum about their
participation in Flickr's 'The Commons' project, which was  pretty
cool.

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/