[Wikimediaau-l] Chapter/SoP update

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 8 05:06:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:49:51AM +1000, private musings wrote:
> G'day folks,
>
> Having had a little think about this, I found it hard to figure out the
> objection to mentioning specific projects in the statement of purposes, so
> have added some details;
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia/Statement_of_Purpose
>
> Hope that helps - please do make a note either on the talk page, on on this
> list if you can shed some light on Chapcom's rationale for why this mightn't
> be the best idea... also, am I right in saying that Chapcom is the interim
> chapter committee? - sorry for being slow!

I see John has reverted our edit. As he says the list will not be
complete in future and that might have legal ramifications. If we
mention just one or two, it looks like favouring some projects over
others. I hope that ChatComm will accept the current wording of mention
of WP in the footnotes as they are primarily for informing CAV. In the
main statement any mention of projects is probably not acceptable to
ChapComm (others have enlightened you on what ChapComm is).

Cheers, Brian.