[Wikimediaau-l] Chapter/SoP update

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 07:29:29 UTC 2008

Hi all,

We have had a couple of committee meetings on IRC. Discussion has
mostly revolved around the new Statement of Purpose (SoP) draft.
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia/Statement_of_Purpose>

Our main concerns have been about explicitly meeting the wishes of
both Chapcom and Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV). CAV in particular
wants more explicit, concrete points, it seems.

For CAV, they would like us to mention the WMF projects explicitly by
name, but for Chapcom, they would prefer we don't. So, there are some
different tensions there we have to negotiate a little.

So, I guess, we will have another week, see if members are happy
enough with it, run it by Chapcom and then ask Brian to take it back
to CAV.

thanks everyone for your patience and work on the SoP so far.

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/