[Wikimediaau-l] ICT in Education Vic conference CfP closes Friday - interested?

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:30:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

Any Victorians interested in presenting or co-presenting at this
conference on Saturday 30th May next year? (CFP below)

Please email me off-list if you are so we can co-ordinate a bit.

If you have never presented before but are interested in trying it
out, I strongly recommend you email me. The more people WMAU has that
are able to speak about it the stronger an organisation we will be!

cheers
Brianna

<http://www.ictev.vic.edu.au/event/conference.htm>

ICTEV 2009 Conference - ICT for Tomorrow's Learning

ICT in Education Victoria proudly announces its 30th annual state
conference, ICT for Tomorrow's Learning. This conference focuses on
weaving ICT into every facet of education, connecting students and
teachers in their learning through a broad range of resources and
skills.

Information and communication technologies assist us all in our daily
lives and specifically in our teaching and learning more today than
ever before but what will they do for us in the future? This
conference is designed to focus on ICT for tomorrow's learning for
all. The teacher who is just beginning to integrate ICT into their
classroom through to the teacher who is looking for future
implementations of ICT in their own learning and the learning of their
students. We are constantly learning and no matter how much we learn
there is still more. ICT for Tomorrow's Learning is focused on the
learning of your students now and into the future.

CALL FOR PAPERS - submissions due Friday 19th December 2008

ICTEV again encourages you to be part of our 2009 state conference
with the theme ICT for tomorrow's learning. In 2009 our conference
will include some of your favourites plus some new options. We are
shaking up the conference format to include sessions that will cater
for the learners of tomorrow.

You are able to be involved as a presenter of either a:

a. 90 minute workshop (hands-on computer interaction)
b. 45 minute presentation
c. NEW Speed sharing sessions: Speakers get 5 minutes to talk about 20
slides which automatically rotate after 15 seconds.
d. NEW Un-conference sessions will be available.

If you have never presented at a conference before, now is the time.
Get together with a colleague and share the great things you are doing
in ICT with other teachers. As ICTEV will be hosting the ACEC2010
Conference: Digital Diversity in Melbourne, we are encouraging
classroom teachers to make this your first conference presentation and
a good starting point for your 2010 presentation at the national
conference ACEC2010: Digital Diversity 6-9 April 2010.

This conference will also aim to be as paper free as possible. We are
encouraging all participants to BYO laptops for all sessions as well
as workshops. A wireless network will be running for presenters and
participants to download relevant files for your sessions.

1. Select your mode of delviery i.e. hands-on workshop, presentation,
speed presentation.
2. Specify your intended audience and state the VELS levels your
session will address.
3. Email your 100 word abstract to Michelle Cox at michelle.cox at ictev.vic.edu.au

Submissions due by Friday 19th December 2008.

Location
The Atrium, Wadhurst Campus
Melbourne Grammar School
Domain Road, Melbourne Victoria