[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimania 2010 bid idea: joint-bid with iSummit?

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 12:32:03 UTC 2008

Thanks for your level head, Liam. :)

I think at this point, I would need some convincing that it would be
worth our time making a serious bid for 2010. Does anyone feel like
doing that convincing, or do we all more or less agree our efforts
would be better spent concentrating on more local happenings?

2008/8/24 Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com>:
> And so, if we put our heads together and get a chapter going smoothly with a
> couple of events on the board - AGM; media briefing; wiki academy; Wikipedia
> takes Melbourne; wiki wednesday; etc (especially if we can bring some
> board/staff out here for one of those events) - and lock-in some sponsors
> then we would have a genuinely compelling bid. But we must work UP to a
> wikimania bid not start from there. Keep our eyes on the prize but come at
> it incrementally...

Good advice too. :)

cheers
Brianna