[Wikimediaau-l] Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information and Data

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 05:08:14 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just learned of this:

<http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/edic/inquiries/access_to_PSI/call_for_submissions.html>

======
On 27 February 2008 the Committee received the Terms of Reference for
the Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector
Information and Data from the Legislative Assembly. The Terms of
Reference require the Committee to examine a range of issues
surrounding the application of open content and open source licensing
to improve access to Victorian government information and data.

The Committee has announced its Call for Submissions and has released
a discussion paper. Key stakeholders, including businesses, industry,
legal and community groups, government organisations and agencies, and
any other people with an interest in ways to improve access to public
sector information are encouraged to make a submission to the Inquiry.
Submissions to the Inquiry close on Friday 22 August 2008.
=====

There is also a discussion paper
<http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/edic/inquiries/access_to_PSI/EDIC_PSI_Discussion_Paper.pdf>
we should read before making our submission.

I started a page on meta where we can work on it:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia/Victorian_PSI_access_inquiry>

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/