[Wikimediaau-l] Aboriginal languages ...

Peter Halasz qubero at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 04:00:13 UTC 2008

> What I don't quite understand, and can't imagine .. is what, exactly, it is that wikimedia-AU may be offering??

We'd be offering integration with Wikimedia web sites.  There might be
databases out there, but they are islands of information and would be
more useful if they were integrated with the existing Wikipedias and
Wiktionaries. We could help make that process smoother by offering
support, training, technical assistance and getting some of the
wiki-beaurocacy sorted out. We'd also be offering a proven platform
for the work to be carried out (i.e. Wikimedia Wikis), which scales
well, and has a large base of volunteers to help out.

We would also be playing an advocacy role for free & open content.

So we'd be offering a platform with support -- and that platform is
the largest educational or reference site on the Internet.

Peter Halasz
User:Pengo