[Wikimediaau-l] Chapter activity ideas

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 04:43:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Brianna Laugher
<brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> *? I thought of this last night, maybe encourage "Wikimedia Editors
> Clubs" in schools/universities? like enable local groups that are
> extremely light-weight on the admin side.

This is a brilliant idea, even more so because I separately thought of
in another post to this list just an hour ago!

University students are a group that are pour hours into Wikipedia and
other projects, both in reading, creating and maintaining.  There are
also many existing clubs which we could work with.  e.g. the
photography club at UoM would likely be interested in working closely
with Wikimedia Commons, and also to provide good quality photos for
Wikipedia articles about Melbourne and Australian flora and fauna.

http://union.unimelb.edu.au/clubs/special-interest#foto

There will also be Uni clubs existing or forming around "free content" themes.

--
John