[Wikimediaau-l] Melbourne meetup report

Nathan Carter cartmanau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 00:10:01 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sadly, it's unlikely I will be there. I'm moving to Sydney next week.
>
> Is there any interest from people in Sydney about working on the
> chapter? Wherever the headquarters end up being, this should still be
> a nationwide project, and not based in just one state, so it would be
> good to have these discussions in Sydney too.
>
> Angela

I would be happy to come to a meeting in Sydney if I am available at the
time. In all reality it's only a 3 hour drive from here.

I also agree that we need to have discussions on Wikimedia Australia, we
need to recall that this isn't Wikimedia NSW, Victoria or otherwise and the
way it is organised needs to reflect that. Having said that, I do
appreciate the work our friends in Victoria are doing.

What we need to look at is perhaps having another IRC meeting so that ALL
who want to be involved can be.
Cheers,
Nathan