[Wikimedia NYC] Organizational meeting for Wikimedia New York City, Inc. on Monday

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 14:59:05 UTC 2008

Sorry to put this up on such short notice.

On of our group, David Shankbone, has just taken the initiative of
incorporating Wikimedia New York City, Inc in the last days.

It will be necessary now to hold an initial organization meeting to
select officers.  This process will be lead by the interim board we
selected at the June meetup (Becksguy, Gosgood, DGG, Daniel Case and
myself), and it is especially important that these people can attend,
but we want to open this to all NYC Wikimedians who want to voice
their opinion or volunteer for a position like President, Treasurer,
Secretary or Press Officer.

In a few months we can develop a proper membership system, and then we
will hold general elections for a more permanent board.

---The meeting is scheduled for Monday, 9/8/2008 at 7 PM.----

Though you should plan to be free Monday evening at 7 for a meeting
probably somewhere in Manhattan, we don't have an exact space selected
yet.  So consider this a heads-up until we have further details.
Also, it is still possible that the timing may change in future; but
remain assured we will update this list on any changes.

Thanks,
Pharos