[Wikimedia-SG] Wikipedia X Celebrations in Singapore

Anirudh Bhati anirudhsbh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:18:05 UTC 2010

Greetings, Wikipedians!

There are only a few of us on this list, so we must make the best out
of whatever capital we have here.  The Tenth Anniversary of the
Wikipedia project is fast approaching[0] and Gaurav Vaidya is helping
support a small event to celebrate the occasion.[1]  Is there a way we
could make this happen in Singapore?

Terence, it would be great if you could personally talk to some of the
Wikipedian volunteers to join this list and find out if they would be
interested in attending this event.

Mohan, would you help Gaurav and Terence to find a venue and structure
the event? It could be an informal barbeque party where Wikipedia
enthusiasts gather around to celebrate the anniversary of our
movement.  Funds can be made available from the Wikimedia Foundation
through the grants process.[2]

Andrew and Ren Yan, please join this list to keep abreast of volunteer
activities in the city.

Preetam (on-list) told me about a bar-owner in SG making donations to
the Wikimedia Foundation based on the number of drinks sold.

Guys, do let me know if I can assist in any way possible.

Yours sincerely,

Anirudh Bhati

00 91 9328712208
Skype: anirudhsbh