[Wikimedia-SF] Maker Faire 2010: Signup & info!

phoebe ayers phoebe.ayers at gmail.com
Sat May 15 17:10:13 UTC 2010

Hi everyone!

Maker Faire 2010 is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY. Yikes!

* If you're interested in volunteering, please sign up soon for a shift:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2010

NOTE: this year we are trying to get people evenly distributed across
shifts, so please sign up for an empty one if you can.

* Volunteer info is posted here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2010#Volunteer_info

This is advice on what to bring, what to expect, and how to get there,
based on past years. Jon will be posting check-in info (what to do
when you arrive at the fair) soon.

NOTE 1: if you are new this year and I do not have your email address,
please send it to me -- I will be emailing out our cell phone #s & any
last minute info in a few days.

NOTE 2: This year I tried to write up some guidelines for how to
engage with passerby and what to expect, including dealing with
confrontations. Please read this. And for past volunteers: if you have
additional advice or changes, please edit.

see you soon!
Phoebe