[Wikimedia-SF] can't make Meetup_14 after all so here are my Maker Faire things

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Sat May 1 18:55:16 UTC 2010

I thought I could make 1pm, but my commitments later in the afternoon
involve some preparation I didn't know about, which will take such
that I can't really be in SF past 1:30, so I'm going to skip this one.

Here's an update on my assignments for the Maker Faire things.  First,
time lapse article videos:  I wasn't able to make them, but I found
some which are suitable:

http://vimeo.com/6463465 (this one is fairly legible, unlike most of the rest)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrCQ9dUsfqU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8O-hv3w-MU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIUiYMU_NHM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BET04GR8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le5tr4ZxXvc

Some of the YouTube videos have higher-than-default resolutions in
which they are somewhat legible, and they are all probably useful for
showing the gist of how an article evolves.

As for the globe donation jar, I still have an inquiry out on a 25cm
clear plastic globe which I need to follow up on because so far
there's been no reply.  If that fall though, do people think these
4-inch globes are too small:

http://www.partypalooza.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WorldGlobe&Category_Code=Banks

Those are inexpensive enough I will probably just get a couple to have
just in case, but I'm concerned they are too small to be practical.

I do have pages for handouts which need to be printed on colored card
stock at Kinkos and sliced up into handouts, and a template for
notecards which we can hand out to passers by asking them to write
short "articles" on the other Maker Faire exhibits, and return them to
the booth to help create a "MakerFairePedia" on Wikisource; I'll send
the files for those things to Jon later on.

Sorry I can't be there.

Regards,
James Salsman

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Jon Davis <wiki at konsoletek.com> wrote:
> Pizza. 1pm
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco_14
>
> -Jon
>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 15:33, Stephen LaPorte <stephen.laporte at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> If you like Indian food, Little Dehli is only a short walk from Powell
>> BART.
>> On Apr 30, 2010, at 1:44 PM, Jon Davis wrote:
>>
>> Ok. 1 PM (1300) tomorrow.  Lunch time.  Anyone who actually lives in San
>> Francisco have a suggestion for somewhere near BART/Downtown that we can go
>> for food?
>>
>> -Jon
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 17:47, Micah Alpern <alpern at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Guys, I have a wedding in Yosemite this weekend so I won’t be able to
>>> attend.
>>>
>>> Feel free to assign me task (not too big please J ) and I’ll try to help.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Micah

>>> [[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ