[Wikimedia-l] Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Sat Jan 25 04:08:24 UTC 2014

for convenience, the correct link is of course without the "thanks" bit:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2013/Introduction

I've started voting, and I've had to stop to express my thanks and
admiration for the _fantastic_ experience provided this year.  I'm sure it
was a tremendous amount of work -- it's really appreciated!  Everything is
neat and responsive, the announcement comes when the information is already
localized to quite a few languages, and the whole thing is just
tremendously appealing.

So thank you, everyone involved with all aspects of making this the
awesomest POTY experience ever, right from the start.

Even if you've never participated in POTY before, or didn't like the
process previously, I encourage you to give it a shot this year!

(those who know my wiki ways will know I am very much a verbal rather than
visual kind of Wikimedian; I assure you some of my colleagues at WMF are
double-checking the From: line in disbelief.  I'm really that impressed!)

   Asaf