[Wikimedia-l] [Wiki Loves Monuments] New Program Evaluation report: Wiki Loves Monuments

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Sat Jan 25 02:12:08 UTC 2014

Thanks!  The most interesting datum I've noticed so far is the rate of
active editor (5+ edits/month) retention among new contributors after six
months, which is about 0.4%.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programs:Evaluation_portal/Library/WLM#New_users

That (along with the easy-to-measure and already known sheer quanities of
photos generated) seems to me to be the most robust number to use in
evaluating WLM (and comparable) funding requests.  0.4% may be considered
worthwhile or not enough, depending on local contexts, so I'm not drawing a
universal conclusion from it, just noting it.

(just thinking out loud here.)

   A.