[Wikimedia-l] [WikimediaMobile] Audio and video help for mobile users

Brion Vibber bvibber at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 22 20:47:15 UTC 2014

Android should "just work" but there are some regressions since I last
tested it, from what I hear. Hopefully we can get these examined and fixed
soon.

There are some possible things we can do launching files in the VLC app for
iOS; some clever JavaScript could make this experience smoother. I plan to
do a little more research when time permits (after Architecture Summit this
week).

There are some vague ideas jumping around for linking a proper WebM video
player into our iOS app, but we haven't committed to such a thing yet.

-- brion