[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Closure of trademark policy consultation

Yana Welinder ywelinder at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 20 00:26:01 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce the completion of the new Wikimedia trademark
policy.[1] We first launched a community consultation to gather input for
the first draft of this policy on June 3, 2013.[2] The first draft was then
discussed and significantly revised in a second consultation.[3]

Many thanks to everyone who participated in this discussion over the past
seven months. Your detailed feedback resulted in significant improvements
to the policy.[4] The new policy is more readable, thorough, and consistent
with our values, thanks to your collaboration. We look forward to
recommending the final draft to the Wikimedia Board.

You can read more about the trademark policy update on the Wikimedia
blog.[5]

Thanks,
Yana and Geoff

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Trademark_policy