[Wikimedia-l] Affiliations Committee election results

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 21:39:22 UTC 2014

Dear Community Members,

I am happy to let you know that the Affiliations Committee has finished the
selection process for the 2014-2015.

The six sitting members of the Committee will be joined by four very
experienced Wikimedians:

   - Cynthia Ashley-Nelson
   - Kirill Lokshin
   - Galileo Vidoni (re-appointment)
   - Lodewijk Gelauff (re-appointment)

Along with the vast Wikimedia experience they bring to the Committee, we
really appreciate the organisational development, governance and language
skills that are being brought on-board (and stays on-board with the
re-appointments).

I would like to thank everyone who has applied to a position in the
Committee. While due to practical reasons, we could not accept everyone,
but anyone who has considered applying and helping other volunteers through
this Committee are a huge asset to this movement, and I really hope they
will all find places and roles where they can help our movement grow.

I would also like to thank our vice-chair, Carlos, who has run much of the
selection process behind the scenes ensuring that both the applicants and
the Committee members have a smooth experience.

The appointing resolution has been published at:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Membership_%E2%80%93_January_2014

<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Membership_%E2%80%93_January_2014>
If you are considering on becoming a member in the future, please sign up
here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Affiliations_Committee#Future_members.
The next call for candidates is expected in November 2014, with new members
joining in January 2015.

Best regards,
Bence Damokos
Chair,