[Wikimedia-l] Thanking anonymous users

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Tue Jan 14 19:32:21 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 02:18 PM, Oliver Keyes wrote:
> Database-stored information on
> templates is "where are those templates linked from", not "and when were
> those links added" (unless something has changed relatively recently)

And even then that'd give dubious results.  Some talk page get archived
barnstars et. al., some people (like I do with User:Coren) move them off
to a discrete subpage in their userspace, and some people simply remove
old sections from their talk pages (which would make the template not
show as a transclusion at all).

Add to this the complexity that several barnstars are subst:ed rather
than transcluded -- but not all -- and you end up with a completely
intractable problem.

-- Marc