[Wikimedia-l] Thanking anonymous users

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 22:57:52 UTC 2014

I dunno, guys.  I certainly would take a talk page message over a
mechanical "thank" any day of the week.  More particularly, I notice a
significant trend in using "thank" notifications to express agreement with
people without having to actually say "yeah, I agree" somewhere.

That the loss of human contact, replacing it with another technological
whizbang, is considered a net positive...well, I guess that's what can be
expected from Wikimedia.

Risker