[Wikimedia-l] Paid editing v. paid advocacy (editing)

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Fri Jan 10 20:35:01 UTC 2014

Hello Peter,

I see the following two possibilities:

Either the paid editing brings a higher quality and thus by that quality
imposes itself as an authority and thus discourage further "unqualified"
editing

Or the paid editing does not bring a higher quality, then an unpaid
volunteer editor will with right feel fooled and ask: Why does that
person get paid and I not, it is obvious that my work is less valued and
thus I will quit.

In both cases I come back to my conclusion, and that is paid editing
changes the collaboratory nature of our projects.

Greetings
Ting