[Wikimedia-l] [Wikitech-l] A Multimedia Vision for 2016

Keegan Peterzell kpeterzell at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 10 17:54:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:33 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hoi,
> Fabrice, I very much love the two stories described in the vision. It
> describes not only a functionality that is technical, it also describes how
> our community may interact. That is great.
>
> What I missed are the consequences of the planned integration of Commons
> with Wikidata. I blogged about it [1] and I suggest three more stories that
> could be told because they are enabled by this integration. What I do not
> fully understand is how the community aspects will integrate in an
> environment that will be more multi lingual and multi cultural as a
> consequence.

Thanks for reading over the material, watching the video, and blogging,
Gerard. Your ideas and visions are interesting, by all means put them down
on the talk page on the wiki <
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Multimedia_Features/Vision_2016

Thanks!

--