[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] draft Data Retention Guidelines posted for discussion and commentary

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Thu Jan 9 21:25:41 UTC 2014

Hi, all-

The Foundation's legal team is happy to announce that the first draft
of the new data retention guidelines are now available for your
translation, review, and feedback. This draft is the result of a
collaboration between many teams within the Foundation, including
Analytics, Operations, Platform, Product, and Legal.

The guidelines are here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Data_retention_guidelines

The talk page is here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Data_retention_guidelines

As with the other privacy documents, this draft is just that: a draft.
We want to hear from you about how we can make it better. We plan to
hold the community consultation period for this draft open until 14
February 2014.

Once the consultation period is over, the document will continue to be
updated to reflect current retention practices.

Thanks-
Luis & Michelle
--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about
the mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for
legal/ethical reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a
lawyer for, community members, volunteers, or staff members in their
personal capacity.