[Wikimedia-l] Basic income & Wikimedians

faewik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 13:24:32 UTC 2014

On 9 January 2014 13:13, Seb35 <seb35wikipedia at gmail.com> wrote:

> If a basic income is implemented somewhere in the world, people will have more time for themselves in mean (probably more partial-time work), so they will have more time to edit the Wikimedia projects, among other possible activities. ~S

True. It is true that countries with older populations have more
retired people, who might edit our projects, countries which have
economic instability and suffering collapsing industry may have many
more unemployed people, who might edit our projects, and countries
with high levels of disability from childhood diseases may have more
people who cannot work but might edit our projects.

Whether these are things to encourage or not is a bit off topic for this list.

Fae
--
faewik at gmail.com http://j.mp/faewm