[Wikimedia-l] Wikimania 2014 scholarship now accepting application

Katie Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Wed Jan 8 17:50:01 UTC 2014

On 08/01/2014 17:39, Marc A. Pelletier wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 12:37 PM, Katie Chan wrote:
>> Only a single type of scholarship will be available from the Wikimedia
>> Foundation for Wikimania 2014.
> I rather liked the idea of partial scholarships in past years since it
> would allow more people to attend on the same budget when practical.
>
> Can I ask why this was decided against this year?

Per the FAQ[1]:

"The low acceptance rate of partial scholarships and overhead in
reimbursing for partial scholarships for Wikimania 2013
<https://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_page> made it apparent
that the funds would be better spent in offering more full scholarships."

I hope that helps.

KTC

[1]: https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships/FAQ

--
Katie Chan
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the view of any organisation the author is associated with or employed by.

      - Heinrich Heine