[Wikimedia-l] Thanking anonymous users

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:12:22 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi at gmx.net> wrote:

> * Nathan wrote:
> >We should thank them for editing using a major banner, a la the
> fundraiser.
> >I don't know why we do huge fundraising drives but seem to neglect editing
> >drives, even though editing is really the core way for people to donate to
> >Wikimedia.
>
> That would make many editors very annoyed and angry and drive them away.

I very seriously doubt that is the case, and if they object to efforts to
publicly attract new editors to Wikimedia projects... Banners irritate
people, but anyone with a sincere interest in contributing to Wikimedia
should be able to accept the necessity of maintaining both the financial
and human resources of the movement.