[Wikimedia-l] WMF employee writing articles for $300

HaeB haebwiki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 01:30:32 UTC 2014

That blog post contains at least one glaring factual error:

"Part of Sarah’s role at the Foundation is to educate GLAM institutions on
issues relating to sourcing, original research, notability & conflict of
interest."
 - linking to a page dating from mid-2011, when Sarah was a
Wikipedian-in-Residence at a GLAM institution, as an intern of that
organization (see e.g. my Signpost article at the time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2011-04-25/News_and_notes
),
predating her employment at WMF.
I'm commenting in a purely personal capacity here and can't speak with
authority on the details of Sarah's current job responsibilities, but I'm
quite certain that the blog's claim about them is wrong.

Regards, HaeB (Tilman Bayer)