[Wikimedia-l] Copyright URAA trolls on Wikimedia Commons

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 1 11:40:29 UTC 2014

Well not to get into a whole seperate discussion; but from emails recovered
by prosecutors it seems they knowingly violated the safe harbour provisions
by claiming to copyright holders that they had no access to raw files, when
in fact they did.

Actually, that context does have relevance. To what extent to we balance
the rights of copyright holders against what's best for reusers. And how
does that place us and the foundation legally?

Tom