[Wikimedia-l] WMF's New Global South Strategy

Anasuya Sengupta asengupta at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 30 04:44:18 UTC 2013

Hi Rupert,

The ~200,000 USD Asaf mentions is the total of the grants we gave to five
GS chapters in the last fiscal year (to WMAR, WMIN, WMMX, WMVE, WMZA). Of
the overall 5.65 million USD we gave out in grants last year, the total to
the Global South was ~470,000 USD (including the grant to CIS India, IEG
grants, travel and participation grants and scholarships).

Hope that helps,
Anasuya