[Wikimedia-l] Who will host Wikimedia Conference 2014? Bidding process is open!

Nicole Ebber nicole.ebber at wikimedia.de
Thu Sep 26 14:23:58 UTC 2013

Hello again,

FYI: WMDE has just posted their bid to host Wikimedia Conference 2014.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Future_of_the_Wikimedia_Conference#Application_1:_WMDE

The deadline for the bidding process is approaching: 30 September is
the last day to enter your bid on Meta.

There are now 7 people on the location committee: Itzik (WMIL), Ilario
(WMCH/IT), Arnaugir (Amical), Osmar (WMAR) from the affiliations plus
Asaf (WMF), Bence (AffCom), Mike (FDC). Thanks to all of you to step
up for this important task!

After the comittee has decided about the hosting organisation (by 15
October) we should all continue with defining the goals and desired
outcomes and work on the programme together. Please feel invited to
provide your thoughts and input on Meta already – or volunteer to be
on the programme committee yourselves. :)

Cheers,
Nicole